The Republic of Alpharoland is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its avant-garde cinema, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 269 million Alpharons have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 21.7%.
The powerhouse Alpharon economy, worth 29.0 trillion kings a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 107,804 kings, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, and immigrant herding has become a national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Alpharoland's national animal is the nekomata, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alpharoland was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Black Hawk Raider Refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Alpharoland, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Alpharoland, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Alpharoland, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Alpharoland, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Alpharoland, gossip magazines have pictures of Leader sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Alpharoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Australian rePublic".
- : Alpharoland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Alpharoland was endorsed by The Lucky holy wants easter eggs of Bormiar.
- : Alpharoland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Dead I Jack, Aandruzognivia, Farrakhan, Visionary Union, Magrinia, Zavea, Zerentopia, North Comunist Awelanius, Panormia, Mundanus, Rubian Empire, Crazy Firemen, Islamic Republic e Jariri, Volsar, Raj7765, Emeseses, Maazalik, Singu1arity, FareP, Florin, Rushkaland, Fragmented Spero, Gozira, Delight, Masters86, Euroanatolian Greece, Cecilly, OspasiA, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Aggro, Hallmaak, Nation of Urie, Aqueira, Melon feud, Greater Cesnica, Xyloqua, South Sea New, Cyrtenes, Super Mega Awesome, Goryier, Thuringia Reich, Vlengia, Capitalist Paradise, Alcrestia Liakar, The Pacific Caliphate, Tartessis, Vroengard mk2, Hunternia, Republic of edward, United Kraven, and 21 others.Morover, Sarotte, DisregardWork, Novi Libertas, Aianistan, Old Blackwood, Centurionis, Nakena, XW5RULEZ, Arinteriswith, CLovidia, The Horror Channel, Beezertopia, Razorback, Alpha Centauri II-a, Doormat to the Lord, Perfect Sublime Masters, Lansaka, Agalaesia, Bormiar, and Black Hawk Raider Refugees.