The Republic of Almy is a huge, safe nation, notable for its stringent health and safety legislation. The devout population of 590 million Almyians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 27.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Almyian economy, worth 24.2 trillion Almies a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,025 Almies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme, autocrats are persona non grata, and government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Almy's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Almy was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Almy was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of The Pizza.
- : Almy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Almy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Following new legislation in Almy, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Following new legislation in Almy, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Almy, Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme.
- : Following new legislation in Almy, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen.
- : Following new legislation in Almy, in court almost every witness is a hostile witness.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Valentian Elysium, Kuriko, New Fania, Wysrod, Tamsalin, The Soylent Green Party, Xemja, Dustwind, Liberdon, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Nooooooooooooooo, Ali Faridi, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Bortheria, Lisokyo, Marxist Germany, The Pizza, and HumanSanity.