The Queen's State of Almagordo is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 19.587 billion Almagordoans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.6%.
The very strong Almagordoan economy, worth 783 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 39,993 betales, with the richest citizens earning 8.8 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, education and welfare spending are on the rise, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate. Almagordo's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Almagordo's influence in New Mexico rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Almagordo's influence in New Mexico rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Almagordo's influence in New Mexico rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Almagordo's influence in New Mexico rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Almagordo's influence in New Mexico rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Almagordo relocated from Ancient Lands to New Mexico.
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.