The Republic of Allegheny 21 is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its burgeoning sheep population. The quiet, industrious population of 1.517 billion Allegheny 21ians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 16.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Allegheny 21ian economy, worth 65.5 trillion deniers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,158 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Allegheny 21's national animal is the sheep, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Allegheny 21 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Allegheny 21's influence in Blue Waters Resort rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Allegheny 21 relocated from Devide by Zero to Blue Waters Resort.
- : Allegheny 21 was endorsed by The Borderlands of The Empress of Fire 76.
- : Allegheny 21 was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Allegheny 21's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Allegheny 21's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Allegheny 21's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Allegheny 21's influence in Devide by Zero rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Allegheny 21 relocated from The Rejected Realms to Devide by Zero.