|Leader||The Slighlty Crazy Chairman|
The Republic of Alitone is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Slighlty Crazy Chairman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.491 billion Alitoneans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alitone City. The average income tax rate is 99.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Alitonean economy, worth a remarkable 1,276 trillion Tonies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 196,676 Tonies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Catching an old friend by surprise on the street can be a shocking experience, rare art has become a significant factor in negotiating all foreign trade agreements, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend, and the nation is Democratic Socialist Assembly's leading manufacturer of intricately-patterned sweaters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alitone's national animal is the Alitone Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alitone's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Alitone relocated from Balder to Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Alitone was refounded in Balder.
- : Alitone ceased to exist in Democratic Socialist Assembly.
- : Alitone's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Alitone was endorsed by The Old-school Commune of Celle Franca.
- : Alitone was endorsed by The Holy Jebist-Posadist Order of Dekks.
- : Alitone lost the endorsement of The Holy Jebist-Posadist Order of Dekks.
- : Alitone was endorsed by The Kingdom of Cuscatlan.
- : Alitone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.