|Animal||Deus Ex Machina|
The Dark Designs of Alien Space Bats is a gargantuan, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 18.084 billion Alien Space Bats enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Defense, Spirituality, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare isn't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.4%.
The very strong batty economy, worth a remarkable 1,121 trillion Jonbar Hinges a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Gambling, Automobile Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 62,016 Jonbar Hinges, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 265,953 per year while the poor average 9,256, a ratio of 28.7 to 1.
Bicyclists are banned from major roads, the police force is on a recruitment drive, Alien Space Bats's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is moderate. Alien Space Bats's national animal is the Deus Ex Machina, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alien Space Bats's influence in Somewhere Out There fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Alien Space Bats relocated from The West Pacific to Somewhere Out There.
- : Alien Space Bats relocated from Somewhere Out There to The West Pacific.
- : Alien Space Bats's influence in Somewhere Out There rose from "Superpower" to "Dominator".
- : Alien Space Bats was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Alien Space Bats's influence in Somewhere Out There fell from "Hermit" to "Superpower".
- : Alien Space Bats's influence in Somewhere Out There rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Alien Space Bats relocated from Lazarus to Somewhere Out There.
- : Alien Space Bats altered its national flag.
- : Alien Space Bats was refounded in Lazarus.