The United Districts of Aliciam is a massive, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.363 billion Aliciaians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Katrina. The average income tax rate is 33.9%.
The Aliciamian economy, worth 48.4 trillion Alician Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 35,477 Alician Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room, Aliciam has designated Katrina as its capital city, autocrats are persona non grata, and coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aliciam's national animal is the Alician Elephant, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Aliciam changed its national demonym to "Aliciaian".
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aliciam's influence in APSIA rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Aliciam lodged a message on the APSIA Regional Message Board.
- : Aliciam relocated from Lazarus to APSIA.
- : Following new legislation in Aliciam, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list.