The Federative Republic of Alegard is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Edward Brookes with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.944 billion Alegardians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alegard City. The average income tax rate is 43.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Alegardian economy, worth 130 trillion Alegardian Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 67,207 Alegardian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations, there has been a rapid increase of noise complaints over the sound of buzzing bees, and large sections of Alegard have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alegard's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alegard's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Alegard was refounded in Osiris.
- : Alegard ceased to exist in The Union of Democratic States.
- : Alegard was endorsed by The Great Advanced Utopia of Jdjdjd.
- : Alegard was endorsed by The Federation of Zemona.
- : Alegard was endorsed by The Server-Fighting Sysadmin of The Glorious Hypetrain.
- : Alegard was endorsed by The Red Curtains of Stateazar.
- : Alegard's influence in The Union of Democratic States rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Alegard endorsed The Oak Island treasure buddies of Blurabling.
- : Alegard endorsed The Phoenix Mafia of Kingdom of Sacento.