The Red Coalition of Alcala-Cordel is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Προμηθέας with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ban on automobiles, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.15 billion Alcali love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alcala. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Alcalan economy, worth 118 trillion iwas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 102,623 iwas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-iwa mansions, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alcala-Cordel's national animal is the Salamander, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality.
- : Alcala-Cordel voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Alcala-Cordel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-iwa mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, the comic book series 'Προμηθέας and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Following new legislation in Alcala-Cordel, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Lennonia, Zhongshanville, Guaylandia, Corveny, Coanin, Voluntary Workers, Zmaia, Friithnicity, Liberated Bread, Carpathia-Croatia, Ancotrobliandsmacell, Greater Tamria, The Anrchist Phillipines, Mouken Kronsstan, Triansk, Free Moublizenland, Peoples Papal States, Demkoia, Volykos, BreadSandwich, Bananaplace, Midraland, Glyphia OwO xD xP, Havazia, Androgynous Nipples, and Derivellia.