The Kingdom of Albeinland is a massive, efficient nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.755 billion Albish are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.8%.
The very strong Albish economy, worth 111 trillion sterlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 63,745 sterlings, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 219,963 per year while the poor average 13,518, a ratio of 16.3 to 1.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation, it's considered a civil right to be allowed to neglect and mistreat your own children, and members of ethnic minorities are more often called "boy" or "girl" than by their actual names. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Albeinland's national animal is the horse, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Albeinland's influence in Astyria rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Albeinland's influence in Astyria rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Albeinland's influence in Astyria rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Albeinland's influence in Astyria rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Albeinland relocated from Osiris to Astyria.
- : Albeinland created a custom banner.
- : Albeinland altered its national flag.
- : Albeinland's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Albeinland's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Albeinland's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".