The People's Republic of Alasday is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 536 million Alasdayians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of O'Donnell city. The average income tax rate is 62.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Alasdayian economy, worth 25.4 trillion Doemoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Book Publishing, Woodchip Exports, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 47,308 Doemoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians sweat as journalists scour internet archives for any mention of them, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts, and all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alasday's national animal is the Horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alasday was endorsed by The Octopia of New Astri.
- : Alasday lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Alasday was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Albatraoz.
- : Following new legislation in Alasday, all artwork is carefully screened for offensive material.
- : Following new legislation in Alasday, a favorite "life hack" for gap year backpackers is to pretend to be homeless for government handouts.
- : Following new legislation in Alasday, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- : Following new legislation in Alasday, politicians sweat as journalists scour internet archives for any mention of them.
- : Following new legislation in Alasday, it takes months to get the proper permits for a child's first tricycle.
- : Alasday was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sodoran Alesia.
- : Alasday was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Smooches, Vulga, Soviet Kittens, CCCPC, Free Comrades, The Greater Tulsa Area, AJ Empire, Maogeji, Magyar SSR, Markeranium, The palace of God 2, Livenkenchee, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Arsa, Grand Socialist Republic of Lithuania, Cannitopia, Shamian, Eriadni, Illeron, Kethania, Janpia, Russian Socialists, Marxmeans, Ethodopus, Barddadonia, Tranbian, Gwenova, Tastiana, Mallissa, Amogus diwan, Bibliophilius, The Passerine Islands, Sodoran Alesia, Albatraoz, and New Astri.