|Leader||King Gerrit II|
The United Republic of Alahana is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King Gerrit II with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 13.833 billion Alahanese enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Alahan City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Alahanese economy, worth a remarkable 1,309 trillion Prasars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 94,692 Prasars, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Alahana's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alahana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Alahana's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Alahana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Alahana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Alahana's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Alahana's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Alahana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry, Most Cheerful Citizens, and Safest.
- : Alahana's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Alahana was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Alahana ceased to exist in Greater Ixnay.