The Confederation of Al Qurija is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Magomed Al-Isaakovich with an iron fist, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 4.558 billion Qurijan are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Spirituality, with Defense, Law & Order, and Administration also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Al Qurija. The average income tax rate is 31.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Qurijan economy, worth 206 trillion dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 45,319 dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sniffer dogs are trained to follow clouds of fruity-smelling vapor, many of the unemployed have had the fight taken out of them, priests are being drafted by the church load, and sexuality-questioning teenagers are placed in locked rooms with dirty magazines and lewd posters. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al Qurija's national animal is the Arabian oryx, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Al Qurija was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout.
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Al Qurija's influence in Sonnel rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Al Qurija altered its national flag.
- : Al Qurija relocated from Balder to Sonnel.