|Capital||Carcossa in the Hyades|
|Faith||Khemist Path of Truth and the Way|
The Drug Fueled Utopian Communes of Al Khem is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by EnKu with an iron fist, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.31 billion Khems are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carcossa in the Hyades. The average income tax rate is 99.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Khemish economy, worth a remarkable 6,375 trillion Tas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 416,454 Tas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The children of Al Khem are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high, and war vets look after war animals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Al Khem's national animal is the Ghak'ell, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Khemist Path of Truth and the Way.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al Khem was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Al Khem's influence in Taijitu fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Al Khem's influence in Taijitu rose from "Minnow" to "Instigator".
- : Following new legislation in Al Khem, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Al Khem, cash-strapped junkies lick rabbits for a cheap high.
- : Following new legislation in Al Khem, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Al Khem, the children of Al Khem are often remarked upon for their cheery attitude to extreme violence.
- : Al Khem relocated from Balder to Taijitu.
- : Al Khem was refounded in Balder.
- : Al Khem ceased to exist in Taijitu.