The Republic of Al Iraqiyah is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The cynical population of 12 million Al Iraqiyahians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 62.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The fragile Al Iraqiyahian economy, worth 273 billion Iraqi Dinars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 22,768 Iraqi Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al Iraqiyah's national animal is the Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al Iraqiyah's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Al Iraqiyah's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Al Iraqiyah's influence in Greater Middle East rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Al Iraqiyah was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Most Ignorant Citizens and Most Extreme.
- : Al Iraqiyah lodged a message on the Greater Middle East Regional Message Board.
- : Al Iraqiyah relocated from The South Pacific to Greater Middle East.
- : Al Iraqiyah published "Armed Forces (WIP)" (Factbook: Military).
- : Al Iraqiyah published "WIKI" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Al Iraqiyah altered its national flag.
- : Al Iraqiyah was founded in The South Pacific.