The Mahmiyyah of Al-Hind Indus is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Shaykh Zayn-ul-Abideen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its triple-decker prams, avant-garde cinema, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic, humorless, devout population of 4.291 billion al-Hindiyyoon enjoy great social freedoms and frequent elections, where the majority of the populace regularly votes to increase its benefits at the expense of various hapless minorities.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — prioritizes Administration, although Education, Law & Order, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Public Transport and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of al-Wurood. The average income tax rate is 72.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient al-Hindi economy, worth 72.7 trillion Dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 16,936 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Politicians have literally dirty hands from their extracurricular activities, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and frat-house partying has become the national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Al-Hind Indus's national animal is the Arabian Camel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Al-Hind Indus's influence in The Exterminators fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Al-Hind Indus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Al-Hind Indus's influence in The Exterminators rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Al-Hind Indus's influence in The Exterminators rose from "Zero" to "Contender".
- : Al-Hind Indus relocated from Osiris to The Exterminators.
- : Al-Hind Indus was refounded in Osiris.
- : Al-Hind Indus ceased to exist in United of freedom.
- : Al-Hind Indus's influence in United of freedom fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Al-Hind Indus was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Al-Hind Indus's influence in United of freedom rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".