The Republic of Akordania is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The cynical population of 178 million Akordanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 31.4%.
The Akordanian economy, worth 7.97 trillion Veksels a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 44,754 Veksels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Akordania's national animal is the Wisent.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Akordania's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Akordania's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Akordania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative, Most Authoritarian, and Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Akordania's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Akordania altered its national flag.
- : Akordania was founded in The East Pacific.