The People's Republic of Aklevin is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Deng Xiping with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 4.431 billion Aklevinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beijing. The average income tax rate is 69.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aklevinian economy, worth 782 trillion Yuan a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 176,519 Yuan, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others, and urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aklevin's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Republic of Coruh.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Free Land of Santa Dystopia.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, urban entrepreneurs are busy introducing cockroaches into restaurant kitchens.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, the government burgles the houses of holidaying citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Aklevin, Deng Xiping's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The United States of Filipopol.
- : Aklevin was endorsed by The Libertanny-Endorsing Vizier of Tretrid.
Endorsements Received: 65 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, Brotherland, Cantonese Union, Axdel, Squid Ruinosa, Hizuru, Pakitsk, Wolemoer, BearStackof2015, Riveraland, Stellar Colonies, VW53Aland, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Enlil, Roliganistan, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Chubaka, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Republic of Berzerkistan, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Plazland, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, United China Nation, Stanisiti, Liberstankonia, Sericena, Firenation91, Brethren, Marrabuk, Evrigenis, Modra, La xinga, Adolanta, Merlovich, Habsburg-Lorriane, Zukchiva, Ridann, Asendavia, The Eternal Land of Jong, Todd McCloud, I-America-I, and 15 others.Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, Peoples Republic of GG, Staynes, Oofery, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Technocratic Tagalog, Sovietsoyuz, The Atlae Isles, BuciLand, Tretrid, Filipopol, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, and Coruh.