|Leader||a benevolent artificial intelligence|
The Free Land of Akeland is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by a benevolent artificial intelligence with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, ban on automobiles, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 12.203 billion Akelandians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Parankuu. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Akelandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,253 trillion Elekas a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 184,672 Elekas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post, there's no such thing as bad publicity, and therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads. Crime is totally unknown. Akeland's national animal is the slowworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Akeland was endorsed by The Decidedly not holy nation of Foril.
- : Following new legislation in Akeland, therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads.
- : Following new legislation in Akeland, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Akeland endorsed The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Akeland endorsed The Holy Orange Unicorn Monarchy of Triseria.
- : Akeland was endorsed by The Federation of Greatnessity City.
- : Akeland was endorsed by The Holy Orange Unicorn Monarchy of Triseria.
- : Akeland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Akeland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Akeland, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Raghallaigh, Elizabeth II Windsor, Mousebumples, Cortlandt Manor, Katkasistan, Voxum Mortalum, Samuelstani, Beriwen, Gooblaria, Wollastonite, Le Libertia, Lethen, Mediocrea, Benthamania, Spudlandia, Woodleland, Free Rosabell, Trackeendy, Arqhua, Mousa Liberty, Liberepublia, Brickfield, Corbien, Genistan, Vlazinova, Pirataria, Polgaria, Utopian Earth, Awesomepotomia, Arvigiel, Former Raxhiria, Ipsonasia, Paulotzia, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Yugarritia, Poquaoi, Acapais, Zakanda, New Ryloth, Precisely Nothing, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Dat Countreh, Bolger, Terra Potestatem, Emastalia, Purple Ruthenia, Caffeinated, Coloamerica, Kingdom of Stargard, and 45 others.Corovos, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, West Wirral, Andradus, Tassaland, Primorye Oblast, Penlopa, Leuxas, New France Republic, Royal Alchemia, Pygania, Algamonzimt, Akalshis, Ganud, Geektopia, Pland Adanna, Sablania, The Democratic Peoples, And Spaces, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Baobab-Bumbaria, Cyberpunk, Sudmar Island, The Republic of IceIceJay, The Lost Men, Lurinsk, Tarkovinia, Disney Know it Alls, Ecolaria, Ecodandia, Quartzinne, Maynila, Nivgrad, P0ptr0pica, Laudesia, Fernlass, Euperis, Gabingston, Oneida Mohawk, Tital Mania, Union Lysk, Ountry, Sanjira, The Great Sunderlanian Empirical Rule, and Greatnessity City.