The Commonwealth of Akarus is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 6.093 billion Akarusians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 17.3%.
The Akarusian economy, worth 296 trillion florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 48,723 florins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Akarus's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Akarus's influence in Selene rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Akarus's influence in Selene rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Akarus's influence in Selene rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Akarus relocated from Osiris to Selene.
- : Akarus was refounded in Osiris.
- : Akarus ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Akarus's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Akarus's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Akarus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Akarus ceased to exist in Selene.