|Leader||King Senaso II|
The Kingdom of Akaran Islands is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by King Senaso II with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 3.131 billion Akarans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hanariv. The average income tax rate is 73.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Akaran economy, worth 602 trillion Ariaries a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 192,552 Ariaries, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Many believe that King Senaso II's head is big enough for the sun to orbit around it, everybody's got wood thanks to King Senaso II, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year, and ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Akaran Islands's national animal is the Sun cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Akaran Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Akaran Islands, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
- : Akaran Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protecting Personal Data"".
- : Akaran Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Following new legislation in Akaran Islands, the government is cutting back on the number of political prisoners executed each year.
- : Akaran Islands was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Akaran Islands published "Past Leaders" (Meta: Reference).
- : Following new legislation in Akaran Islands, everybody's got wood thanks to King Senaso II.
- : Following new legislation in Akaran Islands, many believe that King Senaso II's head is big enough for the sun to orbit around it.
- : Akaran Islands was endorsed by The Kingdom of Oodua.
- : Akaran Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.