The Dominion of Akach is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its state-planned economy and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate population of 6.759 billion Akachese enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Emekula. The average income tax rate is 34.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Akachi economy, worth 60.6 trillion sacrems a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Tourism, Pizza Delivery, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,970 sacrems, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Akach in an international press conference. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Akach's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Akach's influence in Anaia rose from "Unproven" to "Page".
- : Akach relocated from Balder to Anaia.
- : Akach altered its national flag.
- : Akach was refounded in Balder.
- : Akach ceased to exist in Anaia.
- : Akach's influence in Anaia fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Akach, Leader has just been declared ruler of Akach in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Akach, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Akach was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Akach, the military frequently holds bake sales to raise funds.