The Holy Republic of Aidopolis is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Adam Smith with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, infamous sell-swords, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 6.488 billion Aidopolisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Education, with Public Transport, Defense, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pierton. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Aidopolisian economy, worth 841 trillion Caseums a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 129,660 Caseums, with the richest citizens earning 9.0 times as much as the poorest.
Government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high, and sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Aidopolis's national animal is the Gryffon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aidopolis's influence in Germany rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aidopolis's influence in Germany rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aidopolis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Aidopolis changed its national animal to "Gryffon" and its currency to "Caseum".
- : Aidopolis lodged a message on the Germany Regional Message Board.
- : Aidopolis changed its national motto to "Vicit In Sempiternum" and its nation type to "Holy Republic".
- : Aidopolis altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Aidopolis, sharks are enjoying their deliveries of canned food.
- : Following new legislation in Aidopolis, wealthy pranksters dump refuse on unsuspecting citizens from up high.
- : Following new legislation in Aidopolis, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.