The Queen's State of Agur is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Governor with a fair hand, and notable for its absence of drug laws, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 23.253 billion Agurians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is dominated by the Department of Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Defense and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capital Heights. Income tax is unheard of.
The strong Agurian economy, worth 874 trillion betales a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 37,597 betales, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 364,527 per year while the poor average 187, a ratio of 1,948 to 1.
Agur has designated Capital Heights as its capital city, the Governor has just been declared ruler of Agur in an international press conference, none has been named as Agur's national religion, and the land is famous throughout the region for its rampant lawlessness. Crime is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Agur's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Agur's influence in The Awakening fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Agur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.