The Federation of Aguatania is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 1.259 billion Aguatanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 82.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aguatanian economy, worth 151 trillion Lilitas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 120,053 Lilitas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, and burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aguatania's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- : Aguatania was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, gossip magazines have pictures of Leader sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Aguatania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Following new legislation in Aguatania, the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'.
Endorsements Received: 196 » Quiescent, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Jaxon, United States of Vietnam, Luddinlande, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sandaoguo, Liberated Lambergs, Hasilberg, Farengeto, Aurcania, Kiasu-ism, Paranoia, The Solar System Scope, Aywhyou, Kringalia, Concrete Slab, Lambdaland, Lightmare, Northendia, Uncastania, Lotadia, Sedunn, Erinor, Bod Wareenaland, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Jehenna, UnShleepd, Elveka, Si-topia, Nova Montron, Japanese Federal Republic, Holy Chimerland, Dylar, Tsvetania, The United Expanse, Arx Obex, The Two Jerseys, Darakin, Dankstergrad, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Iristead, Janapuri, Khazadine, Deosdora, and 146 others.Silberne Wache, Mantas Meow, Arasi Luvasa, LaPia, Neo-Indonesia, Avalonica, Asdfghuiop, Lorora3, Ezeleah, NeoConcordia, East Sakhlin, Terranous, Utondara, Catalunya Unida, Oxsania, Oepix, Grouu, Yakutikov, Spearos, Seliyan progressive Islands, Rebel-topia, Nothanksbutseriously, Noveos, Walloonia, The National Corporation, Brendleton, GI-Land, Mirutania, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Theorin, Macrothea, Cypheri, Shengtie, Ufask, Pamela And Hepatitis, USNE2018, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, The Technocrates, Staubsaugen, Towi Lamia, Trelatche, Atomic Garden, Runsiya, Yeldarbsland, Aneas, Soem, Great Andora, Barabarom, RestartAll, Techganet, Moreana, Republic Archi, Kholdan, The ColdWyvernian Undead, Transcostria, The naked people, Poopisiya, Seldon and the Psychohistorians, KIROVET, Pastir, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Escevola, Qilai, FreeFishers, Nankyoku Tairiku, Upper Usok Valley, Centristvill, Madhonia, Crabius, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Vincent Field, Cuuldere, Antarctic Empires, Curlyhoward, Complete Conformity, Awjan, Yellunstryer, Vos Dothrak, Wyatonians, Democratic Parndia, Calistan, Saciu, St Oaks, Reptilians from the Alternate Earth, WTP All the good names are taken, New Briantown, Phanama, Sthalrim, Confessors Isle, Republitank, Nowa Europa, Agalaesia, Abarri, Braavos and Lorath, Sanden, Sonnydesh, North Winter, Whimichy, Pax Dracon, Direwolf1, Kandorith, Eastern Nyan, Xandev, United Qwebland, Darbor, Kerlodia, Floofoland, Auphelia, Kroumos, Drystar, Midand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Transtemporal Shifts, Stoniamera, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Birdkeeper, Choodox, Lincoln Village, Maletora, Ariankido, European Defense Organization, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, The Filippinas, Wehraboos, United Weshickstine, Academy of Umbrellas, Empire of the Western Woods, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, North Catimestistrianes, The Dragon Enclave, Ostanasia, Akindom, Dasko, Center Lisle, Drugged Monkeys, German Hapsburg, Mikole, The Brand New Salvatagard Republic, Slenrotros, The Canadian Republic Colonies, Churumduul, Chocholand, and Novagentum.