The Federation of AGAM is a tiny, socially progressive nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 14 million AGAMians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny government prioritizes Defense, with Welfare, Law & Order, and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.6%.
The strong AGAMian economy, worth 876 billion dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is 62,584 dollars, with the richest citizens earning 6.2 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, surveillance cameras are banned, and the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. AGAM's national animal is the dove, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : AGAM's influence in Europeia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : AGAM was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry and the Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden and Largest Gambling Industry.
- : AGAM relocated from The Labyrinth to Europeia.
- : AGAM relocated from Hiyamashu to The Labyrinth.
- : AGAM relocated from Confederacy of Allied States to Hiyamashu.
- : Following new legislation in AGAM, the police are destroying all photographic evidence of their own existence.
- : Following new legislation in AGAM, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in AGAM, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in AGAM, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : AGAM was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".