The Kingdom of Afula is a small, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. The democratic population of 29 million Afulans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 31.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Afulan economy, worth 1.13 trillion Rand a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,127 Rand, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Afula's national animal is the lion, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Afula's influence in Seven Tribes of Wakanda fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Afula's influence in Seven Tribes of Wakanda fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Afula lost WA Delegate status in Seven Tribes of Wakanda.
- : Afula's influence in Seven Tribes of Wakanda fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Afula was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Afula became WA Delegate of Seven Tribes of Wakanda.
- : Afula was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Swarkles.
- : Afula was endorsed by The Republic of Haunted by Screams.
- : Afula's influence in Seven Tribes of Wakanda rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Afula was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest and Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: None.