The Kingdom of Afalia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jessica Shaw with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.12 billion Afalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackdon. The average income tax rate is 54.0%.
The Afalian economy, worth 600 trillion Chands a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,935 Chands, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, tabloids coo over Prime Minister Jessica Shaw's expected child, the pursuit of wanted criminals ends at the entrance of the pay'n'spray garage as police refuse to enter any private property, and rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes. Crime is totally unknown. Afalia's national animal is the Volo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Church of Afalia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Of the of the of the of Neo Kervoskia.
- : Afalia endorsed The Anarchic Republic of Adytus.
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Weast Jurmany.
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Anarchic Republic of Adytus.
- : Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Responsibility in Transferring Arms".
- : Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forest".
- : Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Internet Neutrality Act".
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Trash King of Wrektopia.
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.