The Kingdom of Afalia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jessica Shaw with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.69 billion Afalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackdon. The average income tax rate is 55.7%.
The strong Afalian economy, worth 653 trillion Chands a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 75,153 Chands, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Blackdon to enjoy their national art, officials pull all-nighters to check immigrants for potential links to terrorists, orphans would rather live their life of luxury than be adopted by prospective parents, and nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers. Crime is totally unknown. Afalia's national animal is the Volo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Church of Afalia.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Afalia endorsed The Empire of Lyncanestria.
- : Afalia's influence in Ajax rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Empire of Lyncanestria.
- : Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Extrajudicial Punishment Ban".
- : Afalia's influence in Ajax rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Afalia, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Afalia endorsed The Dominion of Ahkad.
- : Afalia endorsed The Issa Puppet For Alemannia of Estovnia.
- : Afalia was endorsed by The Dominion of Ahkad.
- : Afalia's influence in Ajax rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".