|Leader||Lord Secretary Robar Alexander|
The Democratic States of Aezus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Lord Secretary Robar Alexander with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, aversion to nipples, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 7.565 billion Aezin are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Canicus City. The average income tax rate is 84.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Aezusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,690 trillion Herans a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 223,493 Herans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
City rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of high velocity delivery drones, government agents are triangulating the position of the rainbow's end for the purposes of gold acquisition, claiming to have performed the Heimlich Maneuver is a popular defense for assault charges, and fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aezus's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ignism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aezus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Aezus's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aezus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Aezus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Aezus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector and Most Inclusive.
- : Aezus's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aezus was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, Largest Retail Industry, Most Beautiful Environments, and Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Aezus was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Aezus ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Aezus was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Turan Nation.