The Empire of Aevetis is a tiny, orderly nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies. The cynical population of 18 million Aevetisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Public Transport are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Aevetisian economy, worth 657 billion Gold Coins a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 36,551 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector, Aevetis's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, all beauty contests have been banned, and fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aevetis's national animal is the Black Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aevetis, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Aevetis altered its national flag.
- : Aevetis published "The Aevetis Classes, Stages of Life and Life Events" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Aevetis published "Diplomatic Relations" (Factbook: International).
- : Aevetis lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Aevetis, all beauty contests have been banned.
- : Following new legislation in Aevetis, Aevetis's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Aevetis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian, Most Ignorant Citizens, and Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Aevetis, the government is attempting to revitalize a gutted private sector.
- : Aevetis was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".