The United Kingdom of Aetsveld-Aalstad is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, otherworldly petting zoo, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.676 billion Aetsveld-Aalstedelingens love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aalstad-stad. The average income tax rate is 74.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aetsveld-Aalstadian economy, worth 133 trillion klinkels a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,697 klinkels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, and Leader's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aetsveld-Aalstad's national animal is the Aetsvelder-Lionmouthbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, Leader's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one.
- : Aetsveld-Aalstad was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes and Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, preschools put children down for naps with milk, cookies, and a gruesome story of vengeance.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, exorbitant spending on icebreakers breaks the ice at every budget meeting.
- : Aetsveld-Aalstad was endorsed by The Free Land of Shermani.
- : Following new legislation in Aetsveld-Aalstad, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Sylvlakia, Antinios, Llorens, Socialist Columbia, Kongoland, Nangka, Anarchocommunists of the World, North Amherst, Dyl, Ephros, Nepacton Murt, Transcommunist Republics, Jum Vland, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Slackertown, Ghillemear, Fizzopolis, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Rorlenland, Martilliopen, Grod Island, Caellus, Picuros, Kawany, Argentigrad, Silverfish37, Depro, Caspersland, Digitotuo, Philippine Marxist Government, Kavagrad, New Russsia, Socialist Great Picardy, Commen Union, New Volica, Henchikurin, Sincadenas, Carolia Aurea, Druriel, Soviet Catgirls, Armenasia, Republic of Braz, Revilluca, Asturies-Llion, New Arkados, Super Awesome Fun Times, Anioniotopia, Chapolia Zranzia, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Vilouki, and 15 others.Kaamapoori, Old Corus, Korvias, Claiomha, Komuna, Soviet Angola, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Creatrix, Bisht, Delegations, Helionyx, Idontknowium, Ezmwalia, and Shermani.