|Faith||Cult of Athena|
The Technocratic Empire of Aether is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Ludvig Maxis with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 8.43 billion aetherians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Defense, Law & Order, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agartha. The average income tax rate is 96.2%.
The frighteningly efficient aetherian economy, worth a remarkable 1,341 trillion Aeriums a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 159,101 Aeriums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and there's more than one way to skin a diplomat. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aether's national animal is the netherwings owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Cult of Athena.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aether was endorsed by The Second Monarchy of Koedric.
- : Aether was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Aether was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Aether was endorsed by The Democratic Federation of Devone.
- : Aether was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Aether was endorsed by The Rehabilitated Dissident of Wolfcloak Rebels.
- : Following new legislation in Aether, there's more than one way to skin a diplomat.
- : Following new legislation in Aether, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Aether endorsed The Rehabilitated Dissident of Wolfcloak Rebels.
- : Following new legislation in Aether, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Iroma, Kamchakta, NORDICROME, Ahartsburg, Palmyrene, Koroskvy, Azoris, Carlist New Chimanguacaro, Novos Romanos, Romaniche, Casillas Islands, Akumanga, Novo Senatus et Populusque Romanus, Crilland, Kyrata, Devone, and Koedric.