The Bardic Peacekeepers of Aethelia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by JEM with a fair hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.34 billion Aethelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Luna. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Aethelian economy, worth a remarkable 4,730 trillion newtons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an amazing 289,486 newtons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-newton mansions, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, abortions are routinely performed in Aethelia's hospitals, and the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life. Crime is totally unknown. Aethelia's national animal is the aurora, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Science.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aethelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Domestic Partnerships".
- : Aethelia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, abortions are routinely performed in Aethelia's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Aethelia lodged a message on the Wintreath Regional Message Board.
- : Aethelia endorsed The United Socialist States of Zakarigluand.
- : Aethelia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Zakarigluand.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, elderly citizens regularly buy posh multimillion-newton mansions.
- : Following new legislation in Aethelia, the government has stated an intention to min-max its stats for 'teh pwnage'.