The Allied Planetary Archipelago of Aeterno Tranquillitas is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Denny Rosenfeld with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.574 billion Aeternos are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Novus. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Aeternum economy, worth a remarkable 1,528 trillion Replicates a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 201,845 Replicates, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elementary school students are required to master Bach's Chaconne in D before graduation, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more, and people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeterno Tranquillitas's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Sober Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas endorsed The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas was endorsed by The Not So Holy Purple Land of Pythaga.
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas endorsed The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Aeterno Tranquillitas was endorsed by The Planetary Alliance of Jutsa.
- : Following new legislation in Aeterno Tranquillitas, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Aeterno Tranquillitas, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more.
- : Following new legislation in Aeterno Tranquillitas, witnesses have to run a gauntlet of mob enforcers to testify at trials.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Eryndlynd, Feladria, Ruinenlust, Ransium, Candlewhisper Archive, Frieden-und Freudenland, Ironic Remarks, Cannibaland, Caterasia, Dwardossa, Ownzone, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Ziotah and Riverside, Kawastyselir, Entitize, The Black Forrest, Forgotten Beauty, Wantevolo, Window Land, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Octopus Islands, Lura, Verdant Haven, Greyveldt, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Appendia, Blon Gre, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Effazio, Deontologia, Atsvea, Talgarth, Jutsa, and Pythaga.