|Leader||William G Gallows|
The Old Republic of Aeternitatia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by William G Gallows with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory vegetarianism, punitive income tax rates, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 7.161 billion Aeternitatians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Idras. The average income tax rate is 59.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aeternitatian economy, worth 847 trillion Favents a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 118,404 Favents, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Concussed Owlball players cannot remember their lineup position, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the number of deaths due to poor fungus identification is mushrooming, and tourists visit Aeternitatia to mass-moon Aeternitatian politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Aeternitatia's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aeternitatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Aeternitatia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Aeternitatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Aeternitatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Aeternitatia was endorsed by The Holy Theodemocracy of LDS Church.
- : Aeternitatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Aeternitatia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Aeternitatia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Aeternitatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Aeternitatia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
Endorsements Received: 14 » Caezar, Eminople, Gagium, Creeperopolis, Oculis Omnium, Kanjuura, Paleocacher, Washingtonian Republic, Spode Humbled Minions, Poteque, Sherman Mannor, Willdavie, San Carlos Islands, and LDS Church.