The Sovereign Rule of Aestorn is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Older Pig with an even hand, and remarkable for its closed borders, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 7.348 billion Aestornians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gipi. The average income tax rate is 74.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Aestornian economy, worth 260 trillion coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, extremely specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 35,446 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A valid legal defense is 'dead men tell no tales', future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence, workers have seized control of the economy, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Aestorn's national animal is the human, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aestorn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Aestorn voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Aestorn voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Aestorn lodged a message on the New Western Empire Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Aestorn changed its national motto to "Nzappa zap".
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : Aestorn was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Aestorn, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Aestorn voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
Endorsements Received: 28 » Baconbacon123, Gorzi, Angea, Salanernterthwazva, Josephtan, Ormantum, Runegeist, Tyranogorgon, Reatilber Soclistice, North Ursania, Mukolayiv, Palancia, Balkan Vojvodina, Mjopolis, Valltoria, Fliesa, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, Fredonion, Heisenbee, Serbianistan, Corsoaua, HELLLLL, Concol, Davnar, Filliipia, The Evile Empire, Ascendancy of Heria, and Mazamason.