|Faith||Worship of the Emperor|
The Empire of Aegis-5 is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Harrower with an iron fist, and notable for its deadly medical pandemics, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 12.298 billion Aegisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Industry is also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 5,827 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an amazing 473,820 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, the Aegis-5 Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, and doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Worship of the Emperor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Evoked Eparchy of Aleister.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Evoked Eparchy of Aleister.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the Aegis-5 Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Steel Hawk.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, military instructors tire of being asked for another bedtime story by seven-year-old conscripts.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the government violently suppresses separatist movements.
Endorsements Received: 66 » General Mike, The New California Republic, Trackeendy, Caldariat, Darkium, The Salvation States, Fortytipper, Ambaniala, Nova Serica, Killer Kitty, Courlany, Praenestia, Arkanik, Claraxia, Aigania, THE UNITED FEDERATION OF ALGORENIA, Derpix, Holy Imperial Lithium, Addlelearn, Powthran, Aaecilia, Aeryis, Funkadelia, Pherttsylvania, Cronintopia, Bakusdar, Tebeat, Alderon Und Iterod, Aroostook County, Kerelian, Wintermoot III, Daybreak13, Aardania, Marcus Alexander, Guy Walters, Emperor Celtrian XIV, Animabus, Bhiff, Dhan, Minnesota1234, Swabenland, Braxica, Davewerld, Kan Po, Imkiville, Terra Utopica, Bungal, Martynstein, Shiya, Varotium, and 16 others.Communist Stephen Colbert, Japengo, Axixic, MCPinZ79, Captain Apollo, Aflana, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Bacardi, Ni Hon, Dysmastan, Gredeniand, Squires, Sanada Warriors, Merica, Emlay, and Aleister.