The Kingdom of Aedra is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, zero percent divorce rate, and suspicion of poets. The cynical population of 337 million Aedrans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 24.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Aedran economy, worth 14.1 trillion Elns a year, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 41,877 Elns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Diagrams of new modems collect dust in patent offices, surveillance cameras are banned, the state believes that children are what you make of them, and divorce is illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aedra's national animal is the Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aedra lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.
- : Aedra's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : The Most Serene Republic of Aite na Mara dismissed Aedra as Regal of The northern outland.
- : Aedra relocated from The northern outland to The Western Isles.
- : Aedra's influence in The northern outland rose from "Zero" to "Dominator".
- : Aedra was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : The Most Serene Republic of Aite na Mara appointed Aedra as Regal with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The northern outland.
- : Following new legislation in Aedra, divorce is illegal.
- : Aedra was reclassified from "Libertarian Police State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Aedra, the state believes that children are what you make of them.