The Commonwealth of Aecurora is a very large, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 186 million Aecurorans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 65.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Aecuroran economy, worth 11.0 trillion Aecuroran Dollars a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 59,060 Aecuroran Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, treason is relative, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead, and homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aecurora's national animal is the Nua, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aecurora voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Declaration on China".
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, homeowners are evicted to make way for new runways.
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, treason is relative.
- : Aecurora was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Aecurora endorsed The People's Republic of Krydoria.
- : Aecurora voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Safety and Integrity in Conflict Journalism"".
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, billions of Aecuroran Dollars are being blown on orbital weapons development.
- : Following new legislation in Aecurora, the study of medicine is popular throughout Aecurora.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Miklania, Solaryia, Aizcona, Nhoor, Murab, Mbokeando, Remodio, Uprea, The United Partitions, Aeteros, American Liberal Principalities, Grussland, Linaviar, Lesva, Sylvaynia, Serpens Land, Coldwoods, Keomora, Athara Magarat, Chasia, Aamogus, Hosavan, Kuvo, Biaten, Ferronesian PR, Borisuelo, Veleste, and Oreion.