The Colony of Aech Em is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, public floggings, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 213 million Aech Emians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.0%.
The thriving Aech Emian economy, worth 13.5 trillion Hyns a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 63,603 Hyns, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 218,207 per year while the poor average 13,606, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Cancer rates amongst the richest in society are inexplicably on the rise, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe, Leader has declared a weed sticking through a crack in the sidewalk to be the nation's newest green space, and a third of Aech Emians are e-certified CEOs. Crime is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Aech Em's national animal is the Dolphin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aech Em's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Aech Em was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Aech Em was endorsed by The Free Land of Vengeance up on those who invades.
- : Aech Em was endorsed by The Colony of Metallicorn.
- : Aech Em endorsed The Empire of Autumn Dancer.
- : Aech Em was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Ponis.
- : Aech Em was endorsed by The Empire of Autumn Dancer.
- : Aech Em was endorsed by The Protectorate of Cards of Eagles 4.
- : Aech Em endorsed The Holy Empire of Doknesia.
- : Aech Em endorsed The Sultanate of Musi-Indra.