The Republic of Aderie is a very large, genial nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 147 million Aderieans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 16.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Aderiean economy, worth 6.65 trillion Livres a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Pizza Delivery, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 45,223 Livres, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police insist that racism does not exist, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming. Crime is totally unknown. Aderie's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aderie's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aderie was endorsed by The United Kingdom and Dominions of Eurania.
- : Aderie voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Criminal Protocol"".
- : Following new legislation in Aderie, when electric cars arrived nobody heard them coming.
- : Following new legislation in Aderie, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Aderie was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and Safest.
- : Aderie changed its national nation type to "Republic".
- : Following new legislation in Aderie, shoppers have literally had their hands full since plastic bags were banned.
- : Following new legislation in Aderie, the police insist that racism does not exist.
- : Aderie altered its national flag.