The Dominion of Adapa is a huge, cultured nation, ruled by Angius with an even hand, and notable for its pith helmet sales, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed population of 928 million Adapans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apkallu. The average income tax rate is 73.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Adapan economy, worth 126 trillion ducats a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 136,663 ducats, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through Angius's window to draw attention to their issues, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists, and political candidates are regularly blocked for minor convictions from their teenage years. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adapa's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Adapa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, political candidates are regularly blocked for minor convictions from their teenage years.
- : Adapa voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Personal Privacy".
- : Adapa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Auralia".
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, petitioners are increasingly resorting to climbing through Angius's window to draw attention to their issues.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the tobacco industry has burnt out.
- : Following new legislation in Adapa, the only thing slower than the economy is the exchange where it's managed.
- : Adapa was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
Endorsements Received: 58 » H-Zhena, Fedele, Squid Ruinosa, Davelands, Brotherland, A Slanted Black Stripe, Wiranath, Axdel, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Bachtendekuppen, Hizuru, ThE aNgEl Of ChArItY, Tim Stark, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Tigerion, BearStackof2015, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, Riveraland, VW53Aland, Astroa, Am Echad, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Thyaclinia, Enlil, ZuKcHIvA, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Chubaka, CheeseBurrito, The Holy Utopian Republic, Kilkire, Vultuca, The Death Syndicate, Poiston, Aleister, Funkadelia, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, The United Neo American Union, The United Asian Republics, Kangarawa, Plazland, Cyant, The Black Heart, and 8 others.Roissyland, East Malaysia, Libertanny, Dragons Blood, Bullpups, Marrico, Escade, and Malls.