The Republic of Achlos is a massive, cultured nation, remarkable for its ban on automobiles, soft-spoken computers, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate population of 1.442 billion Achlosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lake City. The average income tax rate is 78.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Achlosian economy, worth 149 trillion Achlosian Coppers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 103,456 Achlosian Coppers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young criminals are told they'll go to bed without supper if they do it again, war vets look after war animals, anti-government web sites are springing up, and children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achlos's national animal is the Haast Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, young criminals are told they'll go to bed without supper if they do it again.
- : Achlos endorsed The Federation of Les Iles Orientales.
- : Achlos was endorsed by The Federation of Les Iles Orientales.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, practically perfect royal toddlers tend to say "regrettably not at this juncture" rather than "no".
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Achlos, every week is blindness awareness week.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Terra-Prisma, Daraln, Socialist Platypus, Ziroxeut, Duby, Hubdova, Pervincia, Novo Reslas, Liberto-Ancapistan, Baccara, Miraslav, Sri Malawi, Aether Inc, Nordharz, Nibelia, Medievia, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Paul Pasch, Aelandi, Nova Briton, Lislandia, Empireedy, Republic Of New land, The Capitalist China Party, Balan Bar, Dyrland, Loveable Dogs, Altareynsikht, Jolly Industries, The Psittacines, Moskovskie, Celestial Flames, Ropen, Adalwulf, Yummasia, Northshires, Stustu, Neovirak, Kinshinsoukan, Union of Eurasian Socialist Republic, Hydrusite, Padool, Timiskrane, Dennis the Goat, Ximavia, Stratanaasterishion, Joesephania-Bidonia, South Blorbo, Charville, Red Finlandian Guard, and 29 others.Grand Order Of Lodgec, Galliadurm, Democratic Conservative Republics, Lugunica, Khlachten, Non opresive German Empire, East Groland, LC Land, Horacko Federation, Unidentified-nation, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Wollo, Peacefounders, Koneule, Saraai, Olornia, Ist Grald Boy, Revendani, Neuber, Pandorivia, Ciapore, Theocratic Disciples of Christ, Orlys, Lashyr, Femboykhstan, Wakaru, RNGkhstan, Kursibar, and Les Iles Orientales.