The Republic of Achiotopia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Achilleus with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, anti-smoking policies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 20.299 billion Achiotopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achiopolis. The average income tax rate is 9.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Achiotopian economy, worth a remarkable 5,952 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 293,216 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Large sections of Achiotopia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints, and all footpaths have tollbooths. Crime is totally unknown. Achiotopia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, all footpaths have tollbooths.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, large sections of Achiotopia have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Achiopolis Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, tombstones are ten feet high to accommodate the names of inhabitants.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, government buildings are being cleansed for anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets.
- : Achiotopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
Endorsements Received: 106 » Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Seranis, Grungerock, Iontan, Solleana, Imbarien, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Matterland, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, The Soylent Green Party, Testa, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, Zyrcrestia, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, The United Dog Days Providence, Zeklandia, Germanahii, Wysrod, The Republic of lkxciv, Manlinesslavia, Yentria, Cardini, New Icelandic Republic, The Tasmanian Islands, Spiritbw, A Death Arena, Palman, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Perzische Keizer, Harmony Choas, Grifopolis, Aedue, Wailfolk, Collective Society of Clementi, Better Indonesia, Iluuz, Siuts, The State of Walrus Devotion, Imbria, Hamtown, and 56 others.Hacame, Atlanta Island, Old Atlantica, Lamborghini Murcielago, Those against abusers, Zuslosal, South Baker, Campo de la Paz, The Republic of The Sith, Oom, Grimlandia, North Southumberland, Ozylandias, Myopic, Viadora, Mohr, Rabbitomia, Phrados, Anollasia, Sedburgh, Lastarte, Agenosa, Tijdtevelia, MagnaPene, Boltor, Soldaten des Hippokrates, Khon, Gentletopia, Venkorata, NorthernMassachusetts, Striagro Uspil, LiberationVille, North North Western Brina, Seven Colours, The Scottish Highlands and Lowlands, Europe Inc, Creeptopia, Jalwahi, Mannche, Deimosan, Tabbertonia, United States of Zeb, 123topia, DunNaGall, Kondraki, Candlewhisper Archive, Nyba, Parpaza, United Socialists of the Highest Power, Lexomia, Samonaemia, Fahistan, Otrodoxia, Flezzola, The Exclave Of Chernoclav, and Craven States.