The Republic of Achiotopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Achilleus with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, otherworldly petting zoo, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 21.425 billion Achiotopians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achiopolis. The average income tax rate is 59.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Achiotopian economy, worth a remarkable 6,667 trillion Euros a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 311,199 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and Achiopolis spends billions upgrading public transport. Crime is totally unknown. Achiotopia's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, Achiopolis spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, Achiotopians refer to transgender people with insults instead of pronouns.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, Achilleus's media campaigns take a hiatus around exam week.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, much of Achiotopia's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, school lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time.
- : Achiotopia endorsed The Free Land of Hassau.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Seranis, Grungerock, Iontan, Solleana, Imbarien, Rex Republic, Slaytania, Matterland, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, The Soylent Green Party, Testa, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Beiluxia, Zyrcrestia, Kokkinostan, Blogotopia, Zeklandia, Germanahii, Wysrod, Manlinesslavia, Yentria, The Tasmanian Islands, Spiritbw, Palman, Zeganas, Colonel Terrosit, Perzische Keizer, Grifopolis, Collective Society of Clementi, Better Indonesia, Hacame, Old Atlantica, Lamborghini Murcielago, Those against abusers, Zuslosal, South Baker, Oom, Grimlandia, North Southumberland, Phrados, Anollasia, Tijdtevelia, Khon, Gentletopia, and 55 others.Venkorata, NorthernMassachusetts, Creeptopia, Mannche, Tabbertonia, DunNaGall, Kondraki, Nyba, Parpaza, United Socialists of the Highest Power, Lexomia, Samonaemia, Otrodoxia, LiberationVille, New Colbycountry, New Letna, Chad9, Kilenel, Carbrabukka, The Starlight Islands, Ameralt, Markanite, Rabbitomia, Karlando, Wheydia, Valcour, Clialaad, Over the Mountain, New Sanjay, Spudlandia, Pyamar, Evil Dictators Happyland, UNpoopburg, Free Tristania, Germanic and Jewish people, Free Carolinas, Time Currency, Maineria, Aldomia, Psolick, LimpBizkit, Zaqaz Death, BNL Corporation, Seantonia, The Iron Crown Order, Berzerkastan, Pacem Valley, United Governments of Newrope, Caesarian Rule, American Republic of Independent States, Seven Hills, Austral Coast, Auruh, Junnland, and Hassau.