The Community of Achieve land is a tiny, socially progressive nation, notable for its ban on automobiles, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 10 million Achieve landians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The struggling Achieve landian economy, worth 148 billion cokes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient black market in Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Cheese Exports, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 14,877 cokes, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, cars are banned, and organ donation is compulsory. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achieve land's national animal is the Cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achieve land's influence in Spiritus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Achieve land's influence in Spiritus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Achieve land's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Achieve land was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Achieve land, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Achieve land, cars are banned.
- : Achieve land relocated from The Pacific to Spiritus.
- : Achieve land altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Achieve land, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Achieve land, elections have been outlawed.