The Theocracy of Achidyemay is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, rampant corporate plagiarism, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 13.472 billion Achidyemayans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, with Education and Environment also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greater Palachurch. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 36.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Achidyemayian economy, worth 834 trillion Thoughtful Prayers a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports. Average income is 61,975 Thoughtful Prayers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,088 per year while the poor average 13,121, a ratio of 16.3 to 1.
Children must be board certified to append "Jr" to their name, government solves problems by tossing money at the nearest geek, the prevalence of circular logic frequently renders parliamentary observers dizzy, and older citizens lament over the loss of law and order. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Achidyemay's national animal is the Peryton, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hexose.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achidyemay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Achidyemay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Achidyemay was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Achidyemay was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Achidyemay's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Achidyemay's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Achidyemay's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Achidyemay's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Achidyemay was refounded in Osiris.
- : Achidyemay ceased to exist in Osiris.