The Queendom of Aceway is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Olivier Holt with a fair hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.84 billion Acewayians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aromatic. The average income tax rate is 79.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Acewayian economy, worth 291 trillion florins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,961 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
News headlines usually include p-values, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Acewayian citizenship in droves, vaccinations are mandatory, and pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aceway's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, pocket calculators are seen as status symbols for the ostentatiously wealthy.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, monocled merchants with funny accents are applying for Acewayian citizenship in droves.
- : Aceway was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Aceway endorsed The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, news headlines usually include p-values.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, customer satisfaction with online delivery services is at an all time high.
- : Aceway was endorsed by The Community of Shangri-La Valley.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, the nation is devoted to world peas.
- : Following new legislation in Aceway, sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming.