|Faith||the State Religion|
The Grand Republic of Aberdcia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Snow with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 3.421 billion Aberdcians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Capitalia. The average income tax rate is 75.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aberdcian economy, worth a remarkable 1,081 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 316,016 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, some say President Snow has gone MAD after authorizing the development of apocalyptic biological weapons, and young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Aberdcia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the State Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aberdcia, young girls and senior citizens alike can be spotted wearing colourful short shorts.
- : Aberdcia changed its national nation type to "Grand Republic".
- : Aberdcia changed its national motto to "Give them whatever they want and they will not rebel".
- : Following new legislation in Aberdcia, some say President Snow has gone MAD after authorizing the development of apocalyptic biological weapons.
- : Aberdcia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Aberdcia changed its national motto to "The wings of rebellion must be clipped before flight".
- : Aberdcia changed its national leader to "President Snow".
- : Aberdcia changed its national leader to "President Raven".
- : Following new legislation in Aberdcia, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Aberdcia, everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties.