The Empire of Abassyania is a large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 67 million Ethiopians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Education. The average income tax rate is 8.1%.
The Abassyanian economy, worth 3.39 trillion Golds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 50,668 Golds, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Abassyania's national animal is the Dog.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abassyania's influence in The New Kingdom rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Abassyania's influence in The New Kingdom rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Abassyania's influence in The New Kingdom rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Abassyania's influence in The New Kingdom rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Abassyania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and Largest Basket Weaving Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Abassyania published "The History Of This Country" (Factbook: History).
- : Abassyania applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Abassyania lodged a message on the The New Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Abassyania relocated from The South Pacific to The New Kingdom.
- : Abassyania lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.