The Republic of Abasik is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The democratic, devout population of 573 million Abasikians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zaniar. The average income tax rate is 39.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Abasikian economy, worth 17.0 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Uranium Mining, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 29,670 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Almost all products in Abasik are hand-crafted due to strict employment laws, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Zaniar, people have become comfortably numb, and airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Abasik's national animal is the kangaroo, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abasik agreed to construct embassies between Antaras and The Illuminati.
- : Abasik lodged a message on the Antaras Regional Message Board.
- : Abasik lodged a message on the The Gaztin Pact Regional Message Board.
- : Abasik agreed to construct embassies between Antaras and The Gaztin Pact.
- : Abasik removed The Military Junta of Gothikka from the regional ban list in Antaras.
- : Abasik's influence in Antaras rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Abasik ejected and banned The Republic of Turkenya from Antaras.
- : Abasik banned The Military Junta of Gothikka from Antaras.
- : Abasik proposed constructing embassies between Antaras and Bangkok.
- : Abasik proposed constructing embassies between Antaras and Kinshasa.